I always feel that I am more comfortable in the field rather than sitting in front of the computer ( I believe most of you are in the same league 🙂 ). But I also completely agree that proper homework before any trip and proper workflow maintenance after any trip is as important as clicking images in the field.
I have done this mistake over the years and still learning how to channelize this process for effective time management.
COVID lockdown is a painful period for all of us. Staying at home and stop traveling is very distressing for those people who enjoy mostly outdoor.
So, once the lockdown started a few months back, I have decided to work on the few items that are pending for a long. Out of which I established few and others are in progress.
- Knowledge gathering & Learning: Learning as much as I can in this duration. Be it related to photography, be it for wildlife species, be it for different places, be it research papers, be it books, be it post-processing whatever I can.
- Website Update: Though I am very active in maintaining this website ( yes, I am the owner of my website and do changes regularly on WordPress themes which I bought external), few modifications were pending for a long. For example, image optimization, PORTFOLIO lightbox display preference, WordPress update, old files clean up, etc. Most of the work has been done and the site is in a stable state. I learned a few new things in CSS tricks and in WordPress too.
- Scanning Old HDD: This probably the most needed and most time-consuming work. Over a decade of work has been dumped in Old HDD. Scanning each folder efficiently, keywording images, processing them as per requirement need lots of time. Despite doing this for the past 3 months, I am still a novice in this category and struggling with it. Not sure when this work will be finished.
- Content Creation: Website Blog is a section that I have missed out during this period. I have not written a single blog post for the past few months. Have many things to share here and hopefully, I will.
- Stock Collection Update: This is directly related to above point 3 and I have progressed a lot in this section. I launched the STOCK section back in 2017. Since then, I am uploading images there regularly. This is not only a section for image publishers or collectors, this section has become a catalog of images for a personal referral. There were few old images which I have processed newly and those needs to be updated here too.
- Physical & Mental Health: For any wildlife photography or the kind of photography I prefer to do, requires a certain amount of physical fitness and strength. But due to COVID & staying most of the time indoors, I realized not only Physical, but one needs to maintain good mental health also for a balanced life. Doing little yoga, reading books, little meditation, concentrating on any particular thing helps a lot.
Hopefully, this pandemic will terminate soon and everything will be fine as usual. Finger crossed and hope for the best to happen in the recent future. Stay healthy, stay safe. 🙂Share It: